Thursday 21 August 2014

Review: Pieces Of You by Ella Harper

***** 5 Stars


This has got to be one of the hardest books that I have ever tried to review simply because I don't know how to do the book justice. It is one of those books that will stay with me for a long time.

The Blurb

Lucy. I don’t even know how to start this letter.
Something happened. Something terrible . . .

Lucy was always sure of one thing – her future with husband and soulmate Luke. But after eight long, heartbreaking years trying to have a baby, that future is crumbling before her eyes.
When a terrible accident puts Luke into a coma, Lucy is forced to reassess everything she thought she wanted.

Then a woman arrives with a shocking secret that will force Lucy to make the hardest decision of her life.

As compelling and powerful as Jojo Moyes and Liane Moriarty, PIECES OF YOU is a heart-rending, haunting and ultimately life-affirming novel about a love tested to its limits

My Thoughts

Oh where to start. It is so difficult to put my thoughts about this book into words. I'm going to give it a go though but this is going to be a fairly short review because I don't want to give any of the books plot away.

So we start off at the beginning meeting Lucy & Luke Harte. Their relationship is perfect and their love for each other just oozes from the pages. Luke is a gentleman and a true romantic, an everyday hero in his job as a senior paramedic. Lucy is 'quirky beautiful' and works in her mother in laws florist, she takes her confidence from Luke, you could say that he completes her. The only thing that they have missing from their lives is the one thing that they both desperately want- a baby!

They have had numerous miscarriages and failed IVF attempts but they are still together and have stayed strong & committed to their marriage. Or have they? Everything changes when Luke is involved in a serious accident whilst at work and ends up in a coma. Then a mysterious woman turns up with a big secret that is set to shock both Lucy's and Luke's family to the very core.

I loved this book, I cried whilst reading this book, I smiled & laughed whilst reading this book, I got angry whilst reading this book. Pieces of You brought out so many emotions, I totally felt like I was living my life right along side Lucy & Luke, I could feel the pain of losing so many babies and their desperate need to complete their family. Quite simply this is one of the most utterly heart-wrenching and most beautiful books that I have ever read. Ella Harper writes Lucy & Luke's relationship with an enormous amount of insight & feeling. It is one of those books that leaves you craving more and leaves you distraught when it's over because you need to know how the characters move on. A word of warning though - make sure you have tissues.

No comments:

Post a Comment