Wednesday 3 September 2014

Wednesday Wonder #3 - Daughter by Jane Shemilt

More recently I have developed more of an awareness for book publicity on the underground. Yesterday whilst taking the tube to Islington Library I spotted an advertisement board for Jane Shemilt's Daughter.

This is a book I have on my to be read list as I have an ARC from NetGalley on my Kindle but until yesterday I hadn't really noticed how much I like the cover.

There is something about the cover that draws you in. The little house with that one light on just makes you want to take a peek inside. The way the pink title pops off the cover and the colour of the door are a wonderful contrast to the rain spattered window. This is definitely one of those books that I would pick up based on the cover.

I'm also a big Rizzoli & Isles fan so the fact that it has review from Tess Gerritsen on the front also caught my eye. It also has some wonderful views on GoodReads so I am keen to get it read soon. 

The Blurb

How well do you really know those you love?

Jenny loves her three teenage children and her husband, Ted, a celebrated neurosurgeon. She loves the way that, as a family, they always know each other's problems and don't keep secrets from each other. 

But when her youngest child, fifteen-year-old Naomi, doesn't come home after her school play and a nationwide search for her begins, secrets previously kept from Jenny are revealed. 

Naomi has vanished, leaving her family broken and her mother desperately searching for answers. But the traces Naomi's left behind reveal a very different girl to the one Jenny thought she'd raised. And the more she looks the more she learns that everyone she trusted has been keeping secrets.

How well does she really know her sons, her husband? How well did she know Naomi? If Jenny is going to find her, she'll have to first uncover the truth about the daughter she thought told her everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment