Wednesday 10 September 2014

Wednesday Wonder #4 - The Memory Book by Rowan Coleman

I read this book in hardback earlier in the year and absolutely loved it. It is one of my favourite books ever and is definitely one of my top 10 for this year. It is one of those books that I recommend to readers visiting the library that I manage. It is a story that made me laugh and cry, a story about a mother who will do anything for her daughters.

I was so excited when I saw the paperback cover as it just so captures the story and the feel of the book. I liked the hardback cover but I love the paperback. The cute little forget-me-knots, the names on the tree, the colours- everything just works.

I was also very pleased to see that this book by the very lovely and talented Ms Coleman has been picked as one of Richard & Judy's Autumn Reads for 2014. I can't wait to see this version of the book in the library and being borrowed by reading groups

The Blurb

The name of your first-born. The face of your lover. Your age. Your address...

What would happen if your memory of these began to fade?

Is it possible to rebuild your life? Raise a family? Fall in love again?

When Claire starts to write her Memory Book, she already knows that this scrapbook of mementoes will soon be all her daughters and husband have of her. But how can she hold onto the past when her future is slipping through her fingers...?

No comments:

Post a Comment