Saturday 7 February 2015

Do Judge A Book By It's Cover - Week 2

The lovely Gill over at The Book Magpie started a new blog meme called 'DO Judge A Book By It's Cover last Saturday. Unfortunately I missed week one but as I am reader who tends to pick their books based on the cover a lot of the time I intend to take part every week.

The idea is that every week Gill will give us a theme & we have to blog about our favourite book cover that fits that theme. It doesn't have to be a book that we've even read. Once a month there will be a Free Choice that will allow you to post any cover you like. You can read more about the guidelines & how it works over on Gill's blog

So the theme of week 2 is FANTASY , a genre that I happen to love & one of my favourite fantasy covers belongs to a book that I read back in 2012.


The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern


This cover is just so beautiful & really captures what the book is about. I love the simple use of the black & white colour scheme with that little bit of red just thrown in. I love the silhouettes  & all of the little images that are on the lady's dress.

If you haven't read this book yet then please give it a go. It is a truly magical read and a great book for reading groups


1 comment:

  1. Oh what a great post, thank you Sam for joining in and spreading the word.
    Gill x

    ReplyDelete