Wednesday 25 June 2014

Finally!!

After ages thinking about it I've finally decided to start a blog. I primarily intend for the blog to be about all things books; my favourite authors, books series that I love, reviews of some of the books I read but I guess other things may pop up from time to time.
I'm very lucky to have my dream job - I manage my local library so I get to be surrounded by books all day. Nothing is more exciting during a work day than opening a box of new books, it's just like Christmas. My job also allows me to work with local children through class visits, assemblies and library events to encourage a love of reading for pleasure and this really has to be the favourite part of my job.
So what do I read? Pretty much anything although I much prefer fiction especially crime fiction which is a genre I have been hooked on since I was 15 & read 'The Firm' by John Grisham whilst on holiday in Portugal. I then discovered Patricia Cornwell & James Patterson and my love for any book with a serial killer was sealed. I also enjoy historical fiction with Kate Morton being one of my favourite authors and lets not forget chick-lit or women's fiction or romantic comedy or whatever header it comes under these days. After reading so many crime novels I need something to lighten the mood and that is where authors such as Milly Johnson, Rowan Coleman, Lisa Jewell, Jenny Colgan and Jill Mansell come in.
I look forward to sharing my reading musings here

No comments:

Post a Comment