Monday 7 July 2014

5 Books You Have To Read This Summer - Book One

I am going to post my 5 must read books for the Summer, Monday to Friday this week. I've chosen recently released books that I think will make for perfect Summer reading starting with:

1. The Third Wife by Lisa Jewell

Out 3rd July, 2014
Buy from Amazon

The Blurb

London 2011: In the early hours of a summer morning, a young woman is killed by a bus. A tragic accident? Or suicide?

A year later, her devastated husband, Adrian Wolfe, is determined to find out.

Adrian and Maya had only recently married, and he'd always believed they were happy together.

His children from his two previous marriages loved her. And Maya loved them.

She had a job she enjoyed, she had plenty of friends, and she and Adrian were trying for a baby. They seemed to have the perfect life.

Why then might she have wanted to kill herself?

When Adrian finds a hidden stash of poisonous emails on Maya's laptop he begins to identify the dark cracks in her life.

Because everyone has secrets.

And secrets have consequences.

Some of which can be devastating

My Thoughts

I feel like I've been on an emotional roller coaster with this book. A beautifully written look at how grief touches an extended family & how life has to move on. Add in the element of mystery surrounding Maya's death & you get a fantastic read.

No comments:

Post a Comment