Tuesday 24 February 2015

I'm A World Book Night Giver

In my job as a library manager World Book Night is one of the biggest events on my calendar. Last year was the first time I was successful with my application to be a WBN giver & I wasn't just successful with my personal application but also with my institution one as well. It was so great being able to hand out so many books to people that don't normally visit the library for books, to hand them out our our WBN event with John Hegley & the best bit was leaving them on the tube & at bus stops at the end of the school day in the hope that teenagers would discover them.

I'd totally forgotten that this year's givers were being emailed yesterday (23rd February) & I was sitting at work when I saw a tweet appear on the library twitter feed from somebody who'd just received an email to say they had been successful with their application. I immediately checked my own email accounts & discovered that my personal application had been successful but there was nothing in my work inbox about my institution application but hey 1 out of 2 isn't bad. Except about 4 hours later I checked my work emails again to see that my institution had been successful as well.

So I am going to have loads of books to gift again this year. I am so pleased to be given this opportunity again as I absolutely love being able to share my passion for books & reading.

So on April 23rd I will have 18 copies of the wonderful Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen to gift & I now need to wait to see how many titles I have been allocated for my institution application. Fingers crossed it will be copies of The Assassin's Apprentice by Robin Hobb as I would really love to be able to share my love of fantasy with others.



No comments:

Post a Comment